Friday, February 4, 2011

Baked Oatmeal

I have had this recipe queued for awhile waiting for a morning with time enough to actually get it made. Not that it takes very long, but most mornings my kids wake up and demand to eat immediately, which precludes a lot of breakfast prep and bake time. So yesterday, the opportunity presented itself, and I jumped at the chance. This recipe is really simple and tasty, but as I ate, I was struck by how versatile it is. I added some slivered almonds myself, and you could add any nut of your choice, or dried fruit. You could use maple or fruit syrup. This may seem a little evil, but you could put chocolate chips or even nutella on this. Caleb had made some homemade carmel, and he ate the leftovers with that today! The sky is the limit. I may even make it again Sunday morning after my run!

This recipe comes from my cousin-in-law, Cydney.

Mix together:


1/2 C. butter (melted) or olive oil (I, of course, used butter)

2/3 C. brown sugar

2 eggs, beaten


Add:

3 C. rolled oats

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. salt

1 C. milk


Mix well. Pour into 9x13 in. dish. Bake at 350ยบ for 30 minutes.


Variation: add 1-2 cups finely chopped nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment