Sunday, November 6, 2011

Divine Caramel Sauce

I have posted this recipe before, but I wanted to begin my new format with something great, and this recipe is DIVINE... just like the name says. As I made another batch this evening, I was thinking back on how many times I've made this since I found it. Countless. This sauce is good on ice cream, brownies, a spoon... but Caleb and I use most of it in a little coffee confection. A couple shots of espresso, a little of this lovely caramel sauce, and a splash of magical half and half. De- lightful!

That said, this caramel sauce requires patience and vigilance. On my first couple of attempts, it wasn't until my second try that I managed not to end up of a pot full of hard white candy... so be SURE that your sugar is FULLY dissolved before you bring it to a boil! It always takes me longer than Mel's time estimates.

Try this, you will not be disappointed!

Divine caramel sauce from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment